Many companies are already making an important contribution to biodiversity by supporting the work of the BTO through our Corporate Membership Scheme or through corporate partnership.
Insuring the future for birds
BTO is delighted to announce an exciting new partnership with Evergreen Insurance Services to deliver a greener future by providing a great customer service for insurance products whilst also supporting environment charities, including our work to safeguard the future of our birds.
Insurance is a very important element of life and we all need to ensure that we have a safety net in the unfortunate event that something goes wrong. By taking out a policy with Evergreen Insurance Services, not only do you get the cover you need, but BTO will receive a donation to support our work.
Visit the Evergreen website or call on 020 3372 2169 to request a quote.
By working with us you could:
- Align your company with a highly respected and trusted conservation science organisation and achieve your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Support vital research which gets to the heart of conservation issues of national and global concern and be informed of the latest research and challenges.
- Show your company’s commitment to its environmental responsibilities through the use of the BTO Corporate Membership Logo.
- Support specific projects relevant to your business.
- Share your commitment and involvement with more than 50,000 known individual supporters, to a broad range of professional partners and with our growing audience following BTO work through social media.
How we work with businesses
We work with businessess in a number of ways including;
- Undertaking monitoring of birds at business sites to inform habitat management.
- Designing and developing mobile and online systems for monitoring wildlife.
- Testing new equipment, like optics and outdoor clothing.
- Providing business with the tools to be a champion for our satellite tagging projects including Cuckoos.
- Helping business meet their aims of delivering research vital to informing conservation.
What our Members say
"Syngenta has a long-standing working relationship with BTO – one that is valued thanks to a shared belief in the value of evidence-based research in the development of solutions to issues of importance to both organisations."
CJ Wildlife supporting The Pod’s What’s Under Your Feet? campaign
'CJ Wildlife recognises the importance of educating younger generations about the importance of caring for wildlife so they can lead the way for future conservation efforts, and so we are delighted to be working with The Pod to support the What’s Under Your Feet? campaign with BTO. We are offering a prize bundle worth £250, at the end of each data collection period, tailored to help schools encourage more wildlife to their grounds and introduce children to the wonders of nature. We are also advocates of citizen science to help conservationists measure the current health of our wildlife. We believe that engaging children at a young age in these activities and showing them how their input can help identify and protect at-risk species for the future will inspire future wildlife champions to look after our natural world for generations to come.'
"Since founding Naturetrek 30 years ago, I have focused on organising holidays to enable like-minded enthusiasts to enjoy birds overseas. However, it was my long childhood summers birding in rural Hampshire, to a soundtrack of Turtle Doves, Cuckoos, Corn Buntings, Grey Partridges, Lapwings, the screaming of Swifts around the church tower and chattering House Martins around almost every house, that inspired my love of nature. Those sounds have all now all gone. My hope for the future, that some of these species may once again thrive in our countryside, rests with support for the BTO and other conservation organisations here in the UK."